Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rusty Manicure with Butter LONDON Wallis

Hey lovely Ladies,
This post is about flakies …again. I hope you are not tired of it yet (no one can be possibly tired of flakies, right?)
J
rusty manicure with butter london wallis and flakies

As a base I used one of my favorite polishes of 2011 – Butter LONDON Wallis. It’s already has an touch of antique look to it.

butter london wallis swatches

At first I thought just to cover it with Essie As Gold as it Gets, but it didn’t quite work out. Top coat wasn’t seen at all.

So, I used Relouis Crystals 443. This is also a flakie top coat. I bet you have never heard of this brand before. It’s a Belarusian brand of makeup. 443 is one of the polishes that I picked up during my recent trip to Russia. It has a very thick coverage unlike most of the flakies. I used only one coat.

On top of the flakies I matified it all with Essie Matte top coat.


butter london wallis with flakie for rusty effect manicure

butter london wallis with relouis flakies, rusty manicure

flakie macro
So, what are your thought? Do you like the result?

6 comments:

  1. Very nice combination! You're right--I've never heard of that brand of flakies before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks gorgeous!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys,

    KarenD - the brand is very local and have a small variety of products. I believe it's not sold outside Belarus:) I'm glad I checked it out though.

    RiaLovesPawlish - I'm obsessed with flakies too!! I got tired of shatter so quickly, but flakies noooo way!!!

    ReplyDelete