Wednesday, September 5, 2012

OPI Germany Collection 2012 – Every Month is Oktoberfest

I was anticipating OPI Germany Collection to be absolutely stunning. Well, nothing is new in terms of finishes, but collection is definitely lovely and very well composed. Maybe because I own so many polishes, I can’t be fascinated with entire collection and buy all of the polishes as I used to anymore:). Overall, there are definitely some timeless and classic pieces like Don't Pretzel my Buttons and Schnapps Out of It.

I got only 2 of the polishes from this collection so far: Every Month is Oktoberfest and German-icure.

Every Month is Oktoberfest is blackened base with mix of dark purple metallic shimmer. The shade is very complex and definitely looks “rich”. It’s almost black under the indoor artificial light. In sunlight it reminded me of Max Factor Fantasy Fire. Great polish to have in your collection. Every Month is Oktoberfest definitely more on the classics side.

The application is flawless; only 2 thin coats are needed for the full opacity. It also dries fast and durable as most of the OPI polishes.
The only strange thing I noticed is that it doesn’t go well with Seche Vite top coat. After one day of wear clear top coat started chipping off. At the same time, the nail polish itself didn’t chip at all and stayed for 5 days.

OPI every month is Oktoberfest swatches and review

OPI Every month is Oktoberfest swatch

2 comments:

  1. This is my absolute favorite from the collection, so gorgeous!!! Definitely a classic shade, I hope OPI puts it in the permanent collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqui, I don't know if they will , but I think it is not limited edition, so it will be available for a long time:) I will post German-icure soon. It's also gorgeous...has the same vibe to it.

      Delete